To the Bat Cave Robin...



Imagine staring up in a dark cave with a flashlight and being waste high in sea water watching hundreds of little squirming bald looking rodents high above your head at the same time as dodging their little dropings. I think you know what I mean.

Our trip to Bat's Cave was full of cuts and bruses and slipping off rocks while the waves were crashing at our legs while we tried to hold onto the closest rock.

It was a great trip though and we hadnt laughed that much in a long time. We couldnt keep hold of any rocks and my mom had a very hard time climbing and my dad stood behind laughing at her but (Thats only one T) my dad learned his lesson when a wave caught him by surprise and took him under.

My sister was there and each time she tells the story she says that she wasnt looking when he went under but heard his laughter at my mom turned from ha ha ha to glug gulp glug.

At the end of our journey we ate fresh pineapple dipped in sea water. We walked back and washed off in the bottomless pool named by the Pedersens (our hosts and pastors of Fountain Vineyard)

On our way back our feet ached and our legs were sore but the sight of the smooth white sandy beach cheered us up.

We finished the day with an outside shower and a wonderful braai of chicken and kudu cooked by Dave Pedersen.

Author : Zac Owens

Comments

Suse Dawe said…
I would love to have heard the laughter change to glugging.
That french script was the strangest I've ever seen.
Margie Gush said…
Hey Zac I thoroughly enjoyed your account of bat cave - just a bit confused by the dates on the photos though!!!!
so tomorrow is the day of owens departure from PE - how sad but how exciting for you all
lots of love
Margie
Owens Family said…
Yes the dates on the photos are wrong..... david attempted to remove the dates and suddenly it said something very weird and we didn't know how to get it off....
i think we have managed to change it now...
we'll see...
also I think that the time that we are blogging is showing up in the Australian time zone???
Wal said…
I'll check your timezone settings on Blogspot and change to Arusha time.

I'm sure people find the dates useful to see at a glance when each photo was taken, but if you've just shot a sensational photo worthy of National Geographic it's dissapointing to have it spoilt a datestamp.

Digital cameras invisibly embed not only time and date, but a whole wealth of other information about the shot as well. You just need to 'right click' the image file with your mouse and view 'advanced summary' to see the EXIF data. (See http://www.exif.org for more info)

Gotta go, I think I hear the Bat-Phone ringing...

Wal