Our God is a God of grace - By Zac


Our God is a truly great God, isn't he?
About a week ago we found out that he yet again answered another one of our prayers.
We have been praying that I would be accepted to R.V.A. also known as Rift Valley Academy Bording School.
Last week we were informed that I was accepted to the boarding school and I wanted to inform you all!
We are very happy and would like to thank you all for your prayers.
I've been looking into this school for a long time for three different reasons :
#1. I did'nt want to continue in distance education for to long because it is very hard working from home
#2. A reason that recently came up was that my teacher in Canada whom I'm doing distance education with is leaving in February because of personal reasons in her family. Please pray for her (Anne) in this tough time in her life.
#3. There are no kids on the En Gedi base. I really need some company 24/7! It can be hard and lonely being the only kid on base so I try to have my friends over as much as I can!
Luckily that has been working out alot lately. :-)

If you want any more information on R.V.A. please visit the site : http://www.rva.org/

The only thing left is that I need prayer that I would not miss my family to much. :'c

Thank you all,
Zac

Comments

Owens Family said…
While we are blessed that Zac is getting answers to his prayers, specifically re. being accepted into the Rift Valley Academy, we are are understandably concerned about the political situation there in Kenya. We've been in contact with parents of students there and are monitoring the situation carefully. The school is well situated and has weathered major political upheavals over the last century (including the Mau Mau rebelion). Foreigners are not being targetted at present, though we're not taking anything for granted. Please keep praying for the situation in Kenya, that there'd be a righteous resolution to the turmoil.
Zac, that is wonderful news. I don't know if you remember us. We are the ones who had such a riotous meal in Lunenburg with your parents that you had to disown us.

I, Peter, went away to school when I was your age. It took a little time to settle down but then I really enjoyed it.

But the best of news is that you sort of know someone who is already there. Our Vineyard in Sackville has sent the Finnerty family to Kigali in Ruanda. They have two children Joel and Brendan. Joel must be about your age and he has just started school at the Rift Valley Academy, so look out for him when you get there. He really loves it.

Blessings,

Peter and Pauline
Margie Gush said…
Hey Zac - we must skype again sometime - maybe this week - i am very excited for you regards this. Will keep praying. The Lawyer sends greetings to you.
love
Margie
Si- said…
Zac! Great to hear the good news, although you announced the news a week ago... I'm sure you will have a wonderful time at RVA, and it will be a big stepping stone in your path across the river :) I know that James Scouller loves RVA, and it has really great teachers amongst other things. So when do you start?

It's awesome how God answers prayers, isn't it. I will never stop being impressed with him.

Well, as you know I'm back in NZ now, and will be starting Uni soon. Say "hi" to the rest of your family, and I hope you are still working hard on the book(s).

Simon
Suse Dawe said…
Hey Zac, great news - sorry it took so long to acknowledge. I'd love to keep in touch with you about math teaching at RVA. It would be great to visit the school one day!
love from lloyd