Ednecki's bike has arrived!



You may remember that some time ago we received funds from friends in New Zealand and Australia for Ednecki to get a bike. She is a Masaai woman who we support here on the base.
We have been waiting for such a long time for the container from the US to arrive with the bikes.

On friday, we were informed that they would arrive. When we went to pick up Ednecki's bike we arrived to be told that the sales were closed for the day. 2pm?
Finally, today we picked out Ednecki's bike. She had enough money left over to also buy her son a bike. I have never seen her so happy. She has been thanking Jesus all the way home.

She has informed me that I am the best mama she has ever had!!! She knows I didnt buy her bike but she thinks that because I told my friends I must have great connections.

I was so blessed by her patience along the way and she actually counselled me as the time seemed to stretch out forever while we were told differing dates for the arrival of the container. She would reassure me: "This is Africa Mama" "Everything takes time. Trust in Jesus not in the container coming. He will supply. If I push I will get a bike but it won't be the best bike God has for me.... I have learnt this with provision. God knows, God sees and He has the right time."

Thanks to my dear friends Jim and Min and Suse for making this possible and for blessing a whole family. I am absolutely certain that there will be shrieks of delight at their mud hut tonight! I thank God for your soft hearts.

Now comes the hard part..... Ednecki learning to "drive" her bike (her words)

thanks

Judi

Comments

Suse Dawe said…
That's great after waiting so patiently.
What do African women wear to cycle?
Should we track down some culottes?
It's a wonderful photo.
Suse
Jim said…
thanks for pics - awesome! Maybe we should send jess to give some lessons...he's obsessed with bikes!! love to you all xxmin
Owens Family said…
You are right Suse! We asked Ednecki if she will wear some long pants to ride and we explained the problem of getting your skirt caught in the spokes.
She mentioed that it is o.k. to wear pants around your boma as long as you dont wear it on the road... I am baffled because she will need to ride on the road (a dirt track) to come to work!! We shall see.

Min,
Jess is welcome to come and teach Ednecki but I think he might do better with Joshua who was able to ride immediately without instruction.... it seems he has watched others riding with longing and memorized what they were doing for some time. He would love to learn some bike tricks!!

love Judi