Grain distribution by Justine


This last Saturday my father and I, with some of our friends from the Joshua Foundation, went to a local village and helped to distribute grain. It's always a really cool experience every time we go out there. I've learnt a little masai myself! This time really stood out to me because Josh (who was speaking at the time) had asked me to play a worship song after his message.



He (Josh) spoke on God's love for his people and for the Masai. He asked for a person to come up to represent the people of Tanzania and he would represent Christ (because Christ is in him) as he washed their feet. It was a great message. When I got up to sing my song "Come Lord Jesus Come" it was a blessing to see how the lyrics really fit with the message. It was also a real blessing to have two of my passions cross paths, singing (worship leading) and being with the African people. The women that pick up the grain are so lovely too. They braided my hair and said "NOW it looks good" in Swahili...I dont think they really liked my 'messy bun' look. So I'm glad I looked good for them in the end! We leave tired and dirty from all the dust but feel so great to have met so many wonderful people. .....photos to come!

Comments