Our First totally Swahili prayer time!

Yeh! Friday was the first time that both David and I managed to pray in Swahili the whole time.

It has been our practice to have breakfast with 2 of the workers on the base and pray for them and with them for the day ahead.

Last Friday David and I both managed to lift up our own prayer needs along with the workers in Swahili......
Asante Mungu (thank God)
Pray for significant friendships with Swahili speakers to improve our language learning ..... we are both very relational and learn best in the context of social settings. We have had a week of lessons altogether and will possibly have more in the future but for now we are enjoying being taught by our surrounding Tanzanian brothers and sisters..

Asante Mungu kwa tunakaa Arusha Tanzania na nafasikwa tunapenda Mungu na watoto wake, hapa..... I think!!
(Thank you God for living in Arusha Tanzania and the opportunity to love God and his children, here.)

To check out an online Swahili dictionary try: http://africanlanguages.com/swahili/

send us a message if you are game!

Comments

Anonymous said…
NILIPENDA BARUA CHAKO. AJABU!
NAFURAHI SANA KUONA KISWAHILI CHAKO KINAKUWA KINAENDELEZA WA KASI SANA NA NI KIZURI.

NUKUPENDA SANA,

SUSAN
Anonymous said…
i have a hard enough time with English LOL

Stefani
Si- said…
Asanta Mungu kwa moriangu, Owens, na tafadhali mungu bariki Owens' kazi, mzuri sana!

Try and work out that bad use of grammar! Hey, sorry I haven't said hi in a while, but its good to read your blog. You guys are kinda funny, did you know that? Its just the same old, same old, here in NZ. I'm really missing Africa! And you guys.

God bless you, Owens!
Owens Family said…
Suze.... I am so impressed... I am going to have to get Ednecki to help me interpret.... you have overtaken me... want to join us????? Karibu sana.

Stefani.... you are soo funny. You make me laugh! Unasema Kingareza nzuri sana...... You speak English good!!

Simon.... come back.... soon! did you know Justine may be visiting soon? I am battling with the Joshua Report and Warrior and think I actually hate Indesign...
but we dont just want you back for that reason.... you also draw well, I mean we love you...
judi
Anonymous said…
Way to go! I am so proud to be your offspring! I say hi from the beautiful California, they are so much nicer than the english! x

Lesty
Anonymous said…
Oh and Mungu Akubariki Sana!

Lest