heading.....home??...where's that again? by Justine




Just a quick update on my schedule. My visa runs out early September and after a lot of prayer and changes in my life, I have decided to go to New Zealand to further my education (one quarter of the cost of education in Canada- because of being Australian domestic prices apply). This week I am having an interview with one of the colleges I am looking into. It is a Christian college that I can get a bachelor of Education (Primary/Elementary school) that is internationally recognized. I feel a real excitement and peace about things and can't wait to see what God has in store! Prayers appreciated for the interview to go well and for a smooth transition when moving countries. I leave on the 21st of August to Vancouver for three weeks to tie up loose ends and see some lovely people and then on to New Zealand where I have more lovely friends to stay with.

Pray for my interview, transition and landing in a new country and starting a new life with a new church, new job and new school and new friends... did I mention this would be a new season??

Yesterday, the workers at the engedi base took some time to pray for me and my future. I have come to love being asked so often "how am I?" and "how is my family?" and "how did I sleep?" "how was my day?"...... all an essential part of the swahili culture here in Tanzania..

Today I was blessed by the preschool, that I have been working with for the past eight months, who surprised me with a farewell party. They sang me a song, there were awesome, delicious cupcakes, and a huge banner saying"kwaheri Justine- we are going to miss you!" ...I definitely had tears in my eyes when I saw all this. I'm going to miss all those amazing kids and definitely Tanzania. I miss it already! So please excuse me if next time you see me I am speaking in broken Swahili and carrying things on my head... just know its me missing Africa...

Comments