Name Tags and Socks that get sown together!!!! by Judi

Zac's wardrobe given by a friend....

The sewing bee..... Judi, Rosie and Dorcas

The beastly name tags in question...... yes, you can see that I am needlework challenged!!

Praise God, today I finished the last of Zac's name tags for his clothes, towels, sheets and blankets for his boarding school..... when I say we....I got some help thankfully because it took FOREVER....
The fact that I am needlework challenged didn't help. At one point after wrestling with one of Zac's socks I finally managed to get his name tag sown neatly and proudly displayed my work only to discover that I had actually sown the 2 sides together..... ARGHHHH! After this I used a shoe tree?? to separate the sock and it worked better.

The tags themselves were not available in Arusha and were available in Kenya but would take 6 weeks to ship from England.....
I tried ordering them via a website and having them shipped from England, however, the shipping time was 3-4 months... I was very blessed to have our friend Kate Buchanan kindly order them for me and had them flown to Arusha for me in time to stitch every last item of clothing ...

I want to thank God for his provision. As we approached the time for Zac to prepare for boarding school it became obvious that he had grown considerably.... his arms and legs stretched out of his clothing like bean poles and it was obvious that he needed a new wardrobe. I complained to God: "This was yet another expense we couldn't afford" and so I lifted this heart ache to the Lord feeling that I wanted to be a good mother and yet my resources didn't allow for this. Within 2 weeks of praying about this and feeling sorry for myself a friend at church gave me her sons wardrobe of clothes which he had grown out of..... they are all in excellent condition and great brand names. God gave Zachary a whole new wardrobe and me peace of heart.... Thank you Jesus!

Next came the stitching..... After 2 days of Ednecki and I sewing labels it became obvious that I needed reinforcements... thankfully Nai, Dorcas and Rosie were able to help me. We all sat and chatted in Kiswaenglish .... and laughed and drank chai and sewed until our fingers ached.

The next part is a bit harder.... driving my soft hearted twelve year old son up to Nairobi to go to his boarding school...knowing that God opened this door and He will keep that which I entrust to Him (Zac) and will grow him into a godly young man who KNOWS that Jesus is his good shepherd...

Thanks for all your prayers and emails and comments.... If I haven't responded, forgive me, I am praying and processing and crying.....

Comments

Lara said…
Owens!
Saw your lovely Justine in church this morning, it was great to see part of your family!
Miss you all.
Lara