And then there were none...


Wouldn't you know it... the first weekend after our last kid leaves, Judi has an African women leaders' retreat. Two days totally on my own... what to do?!
Work-wise, I managed to mark 26 papers for the leaders college and prepare for Kids Church in the morning, some of which had to be done by lantern light as the power went out mid afternoon into late evening (see photo).
After that I had the total freedom to listen to otherwise 'banned' music (e.g. Dylan), to watch a couple of episodes of Prison Break on the lap-top, before catching a relatively early night.
After church I had lunch with some Aussie ministry colleagues (commiserating over the rugby TriNations thrashing we'd gotten at the hands of the Springboks last weekend), along with a couple of amused Kiwis who are looking forward to next week's game.
On my way home, I dropped into the only functioning cinema in the city of Arusha, to watch this week's release, Dark Knight. (Of course this was purely to see if there were any sermon illustrations I could derive from the plot!)
Judi's now back, relieved I got all that out of my system. Now we're back to the soothing sounds of Gregorian chants & Russian choirs, old chick-flik videos and comedies... and all my marking's done (until the next batch).

Comments

justine said…
hahaha dad you're hilarious... poor thing. Actually it sounds like you had a blast... and its so funny cuz knowing our family dynamics that is soo true ... but not when it comes to chickflicks.... yeh right buddy! Nice try. Like we EVER got to see a chickflick on a regular basis.... No pity there watsoever! You have beat me tho for watching dark knight....and YOU'RE in the third world country! i love and miss you guys heaps!...but not the blackouts.
Anonymous said…
Ahh, I wanted to watch Prison Break with you when I read that blog!

miss you Papa, I bet you loved your time by yourself!! XXX