Princess Leah updates... and thankfulness


We've already told you about Leah, a little, very little 8 yr old whose mother came for help a few months ago. Leah suffers from an unkown condition that has left her seriously crippled and deformed but with a bright and loving personality. We visited her in her home today - what a blessing and experience.
On Saturday, I'd visited the local hospital to get a check up for sunspots, a number of which I've had removed in the past due to my years in Australia. There was a visiting US plastic surgery team that were doing clinic for children. As I waited, I was deeply moved by the various conditions of the little patients. Some had serious facial deformities; otherwise walking on club feet that amounted to stumps. I heard the team laughing with and entertaining the kids while examining them, singing the odd 'Happy Birthday' etc...
As westerners we have so much to be thankful for, yet they celebrate life with so little - little kids living on the edge of laughter, amazingly creative in finding ways to have fun.
Africa is an extraordinary classroom of life. Teach on...

Comments