The joy of giving gift boxes..... in Magugu

On Saturday, I had the privilege of helping assemble and give out gift boxes to the students of Joshua School in Magugu.
Because of the generosity of a large church in New Zealand these children all received a gift box with rice, beans, books, pencils, crayons, stickers, bookmarks, candies etc... We made up 452 in all...... quite an effort and it was much appreciated..
For a better view of pics-click on them to enlarge.

The children waited from early in the morning for us to assemble the boxes and fill them.....


452 red gift boxes with rice and beans and lots of fun things.....


Looking inside the box.....


The children line up in classes so they came come up one class at a time to receive their gifts


Judi hands over a gift.....


All smiles with box on lap.....


Looking inside....


Carried home on their heads....

Comments

USA2AUS said…
I actually read this post not long after you wrote it and never commented on it.

It stayed with me for days, the looks on the childrens faces, the reality of their lives. I forwarded it to many friends and relatives.

I just wanted to let you know that though we (I) don't always leave a comment, your posts are read, and make an impact. Sometimes its just a prayer of thanks for our lives or a prayer of blessing for you over there. Maybe I have a little more patience with my own son that day, but I promise you its never just a fleeting thought it stays and settles in the soul. Thank you.