A star in the running?... by David


Kanoti, a 19 year old student from our school in Magugu (see post about Christmas boxes) has demonstrated definite sporting abillity. He came up to Arusha to do a time trial in an effort to determine his potential. Richard (former Worlds triathlete), who is developing sports ministry and outreach here, took him through the process and rode alongside for the 5km run.
I thought I'd join them (on the bike, that is) but found myself floundering after only 1km of slightly uphill 20kph+ pace!!!
I decided to stop and take on the role of photographer instead (I'm actually quite fit as far as my hand-eye coordination goes).
Kanoti runs 15kms a day and did quite well on the trial, although, in my 'expert estimation', he went out too fast. He will need coaching to make him competitive, which thankfully, Richard will provide instead of me!
However, I've decided to develop a fitness regime for myself... I've found some old running magazines to read and have started to use Sports deodorant. I'll keep you posted....

Comments

Anonymous said…
David...be careful to start yourself off slowly...it can be dangerous!! Min ;)
Anonymous said…
I'm impressed.
Mind how you go.
My arthritic condition began with jogging when full of the joys of spring.
Love Susan
justine said…
Min he should have been using deodorant LONG ago... starting off slow is not what he needs to hear.... just kids dad. You smell fine..... :)

........from here ;)
xo