"i remember help for you to my wife if sick you give me Dawa."

This is part of a text I received last night after our farewell with the workers here at Engedi, the Joshua Foundation. Our next 2 houses are house sitting experiences and our time at Engedi has come to a close. We have had such a wonderful time here. It was a warm and easy entry into East Africa.

Last night, in response to our news that we are leaving, I received this text from one of the workers on the base: Hallo mama judy how are you this nighte how is a new house and new life i remember help for you to my wife if sick you give me Dawa. Then if i come at your house to make window you asky me chai or coffee. mungu (God) awabariki (bless you all) sana. (very much). i philimoni we gret you me and my Family. greet Baba. Asante

We are sad to be leaving but know that this next season of our lives has many challenges and joys too!

Comments

Anonymous said…
We're confused and wondering whether we missed something?? Where are you off to? marjorams
Owens Family said…
We are moving to house sit for missionary friends in Arusha....
we are still here in Tz and in Arusha but our time at the Joshua Foundation is up....
There are changes here at TJF and we were approached by the vineyard church to see if David wanted to co-ordinate ministries...
I am continuing with my women's ministries and we will continue with our muslim friends and visiting churches, also.
It is really only our accommodation that is changing....
We are in the process of discussion with the church and all has not been decided yet, except the "house sitting" part and moving off base. We will be closer to town for part of it and it will save us some money.
We love africa ....
Anonymous said…
God bless you Mama Judi in all that's next.

Does that make you Papa Dave ,David?

What's Dawa?

Love Susan
Owens Family said…
David is baba Zachariah but they actually refer to David as Mzee (wise one or old one) Mchongagi (pastor) bald one.

This is a term of respect believe it or not...
The other name they use for me is Mama Mchokosi which means naughty/ teasing/ cheeky mama.

Dawa is medicine.

love

mama Judi