Going to the movies in Arusha...

Took my wife for a day-off treat - a matinee movie in the only cinema (a complex of two) within hundreds of kms, and its right here, 20 mins from home ... luxury!
I could be wrong, but I believe the next closest is Nairobi (270 kms).
Each week always offers a Bollywood and a Hollywood movie. By the time they make it down here, they'll not coincide with the relevant season, meaning we'll get the Christmas in January or Feb. Kids movies never make the school holidays.
I looked up the web site to check session times and was greeted with the information that the place was closed for renos until Nov 2009 (see www.pigadeal.com).
This time we made it through without a power cut, which normally means sitting in the pitch dark for a couple of minutes while they start of the generator. This afternoon were the only two in the place, and as we stood to leave, the projectionist/owner gave us a warm wave through the little window. Ah ... I love it!

Comments

Nicky B said…
How lovely - such an African story!
justine said…
I definitely miss our local projectionist! ;)