A Christmas surprise! - by Zac


On Christmas Day the Engedi base had a Christmas celebration where we exchanged gifts with one other person. I got a boy named Jack and he got me.... Jack and Zac ..... what a coincidence.
I got him a book where you can understand things and how they work and see the insides of them. He got me a masaai machete which I did not expect.

Can you imagine how shocked my mum was? She had been thinking about getting me a slingshot but wondered if it was too dangerous. Now look what I have to play with, thanks to Jack. I can't wait to play with it.
I guess Christmas presents look a bit different here.

Sincerely yours,
Zac

Comments

Barth said…
Justus has been looking for an opponent since he received a hand and a half sword for his birthday in November. Unfortunately, Vancouver to Arusha is a little to far for a day-trip. Mum will probably be glad that you and J cannot duel to the death!
Owens Family said…
Judi says:
So glad J and Zac can't duel to the death.... did you get a look at that baby??

Zac was advised to make sure he didn't hold the sides of the sheath when he was sliding the sword in because sometimes the sword has been known to cut thru the sheath and slice the fingers!!!

Where do you start with the rules around this one? No swinging near humans, or animals or furniture.....
what is he left with? fruit I guess? and vegetables? and maybe saplings?
Owens Family said…
Wow! Justus must come over! :-D
He better get here within a few months! I'll surely win though! No doubt about it! ;-)
Wish I were back home so I could tear Justus to peices! Just kidding I'd never do that! ;-D

Zac